Small Business Brief provides a daily update of the best small business news and resources. Small Business Forum – Small Business Opportunities – Small Business Articles – Small Business Resources
All about small business information for start-ups and existing businesses everything you need to run a successful small business from business planning, business start up
The Small Business Administration provides a number of programs offering grants and loans to minority owned businesses. The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
Business Planning Consultant writes Business Plan; take Small Business Next Level, Business Plan, engine of small business development
Information, articles & resources to help your small business succeed
Interested in starting an Online Business? Entrepreneur.com has all the online business … Use these tips to find a host that will best fit your needs
Market your small business on an even smaller budget. 5 Tips for Marketing Your Web Site Review these tips on marketing your small business online
Top Business Tips guide line and advice
Business Planning – Business Management – E-Business – Finance & Capital – Human Resources – Leadership – Legal – Marketing & Public Relations – Sales & Customer Service – Tax – Training – Web
Developing Policies for Your Business
Help to develop policies for your small business.
- Think ahead. Establish policies before you need them. Doing so helps avert crises and awkward situations, and helps solve problems before they arise.
- Determine what policies you need. Some you’ll want early in your business include a mission statement, as well as compensation, performance evaluation and employee policies.
- Get input from key employees, as well as from members of your advisory board, your board of directors, and/or your professional advisors and consultants.
- Communicate policies to everyone in your business.
- Review policies on a regular basis—once a year, for example—and revise them as necessary
Effective Business Planning Tips
- Achieve success with these small business planning tips.
- Clearly define your business idea and be able to succinctly articulate it. Know your mission.
- Examine your motives. Make sure that you have a passion for owning a business and for this particular business.
- Be willing to commit to the hours, discipline, continuous learning and the frustrations of owning your own business.
- Conduct a competitive analysis in your market, including products, prices, promotions, advertising, distribution, quality, service, and be aware of the outside influences that affect your business.
- Seek help from other small businesses, vendors, professionals, government agencies, employees, trade associations and trade shows. Be alert, ask questions, and visit your local SCORE office
Making the Most of Your Business Plan